We are a fourth generation retail jewelry store in Frederick, MD. Colonial Jewelers was founded in Westminster, MD in 1920 by Ben Hurwitz, a jeweler and clockmaker. In 1947, he was joined by his son, Will, who, along with his wife, Marilyn, opened a second store in downtown Frederick. Some years later, the Westminster store closed. In 1973, their son, Jeffrey, entered the business with his wife, Patty. Their daughter, Sarah, joined the business in 2003. Both Jeff and Sarah are Graduate Gemologists.